Friday, February 13, 2009

This is an amazing letter that Braden's birth mother wrote! She is AWESOME! How lucky are we to have her part of our lives!

Sandi-
I thought it was very flattering and it brought many tears to my eyes. It was interesting to read your perspective on the adoption. it made me feel like you truly did realize that I was wanting to really be a good mother by knowing that you would truly be the best mom, if that makes sense.... thank you for always thinking of me too and I am really glad that you found me on facebook and it makes me feel good to know that you would even want to find me and keep in contact with me. I think you are an angel and that God truly did have a plan for little Braden James and I am glad that I gave him life and that for those first 6 weeks of his life, I was blessed to be his mom and breastfeed him and I truly did want the best for him... but I could not provide him with the home and family and life that you can and I am grateful that God found His way to unite Braden with your family. I know you said that you are thankful to me for giving him to you... but I am thankful to you for being everything I could ever pray or dream of as a mother to him (I almost wrote "as a mother to our son"-- it's a little hard for me to talk about him not as somewhat my son too cuz I WAS his momma even if it was just for a little while, if that makes sense, you know?). Anyways, I guess I just wanted to say Thank you. Please stay in touch. I love hearing from you. It really reinforces to me that I made the right decision, because for awhile I felt so ashamed like I was a crappy person who just gave up my kid. But I truly made a conscience decision and I too turned to God and prayed for help to make the right choice. And I think he guided me to make the wisest decision, which was to ensure that he would continue to be in the best care which was yours and your family. Thank you so much Sandy. There will never be enough words I could find to explain how grateful I am that you are giving him the life that I prayed he would have.

My eternal thanks :) Sincerely,
Rayna


How could I not just love Rayna! I can't wait for the day Braden and her will meet again! We haven't been in contact for a while and I really miss her!!! She shared him with me so how can I not share him back!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. We are hoping to adopt someday and I hope to have a relationship like that with my child's birth mom. That was an amazing letter and really touched my heart. I think it is so great that you have written this all down. What spiritual experiences you have had. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete